Routers are those which singularly present in a network deciding the best route path for the packets to have seamless communication with different networks whereas, switches are those that connect devices on a computer network by using packet switching to receive, and forward data to the destination device.
Router and Switch both works in the different layers of the OSI Model i.e Data Link Layer and Network Layer. But nowadays we have switches which can work in Layer 3 too.
I can list some of the Cisco routers and switches series for you which you could get to practice while taking CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Training from Network Bulls.
Devices used during CCNA training,
- Routers: 1841, 2801, 2811, 2911, 3825 series
- Switches: 2960, 3560, 3750 series
Check CCNA Course- https://www.networkbulls.com/training-ccna-course-delhi
Devices used during CCNP training,
- Router: 2611, 2801, 1841, 2811, 3640, 7204, 2611xm, 2801, 3825, 2911 series
- Switch: 3550, 3560, 3750 series
Check CCNP Course- https://www.networkbulls.com/training-ccnp-course-delhi
Devices used during CCIE training,
- Router: 2611xm, 1841, 2811, 2911 series
- Switch: 2950, 2960, 3550, 3560, 3750 series
Check CCIE Course- https://www.networkbulls.com/training-ccie-institute-india
For more details, speak to Network Bulls’ advisors - 1800-313-2545.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?