An IT Geek
The Topology Table is populated by the protocol dependent modules and acted upon by the DUAL finite state machine. It contains all destinations advertised by neighboring routers. Associated with each entry is the destination address and a list of neighbors that have advertised the destination. For each neighbor, the advertised metric is recorded. This is the metric that the neighbor stores in its routing table. If the neighbor is advertising this destination, it must be using the route to forward packets. This is an important rule that distance vector protocols must follow.
Also associated with the destination is the metric that the router uses to reach the destination. This is the sum of the best advertised metric from all neighbors plus the link cost to the best neighbor. This is the metric that the router uses in the routing table and to advertise to other routers.
So, Routing Table stores only the best route to reach the network
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?