Principal Network Architect - Array Networks
Subnetting involves modification of an IP network into smaller IP networks which are called subnets.
In a layman language, Subnetting is a process which involves dividing of a network into smaller networks which are termed as subnetworks or subnets. Every subnet has its own address. Initially, these subnets were designed for resolving the issue of shortage of the IP addresses over Internet.
Subnetting helps in reducing network traffic as well as for concealing network complexity. It is used for reducing the wastage of IP addresses. Subnetting is quite useful as it offers various facilities, some of which are listed below –
· Low level of LAN security - you can manage each subnet separately by increasing the level of security.
· Broadcast containment: it reduces collision as each sub-network is a different broadcast domain.
· Address flexibility: it leads to the minimum loss of the IP addresses.
Subnetting is a basic topic covered during CCNA Course. Remember, it is not a theoretical topic so know the practical implementation of the topic for developing a better understanding.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?