Cisco router's and switch's interfaces have the capability to work at full duplex as well as half duplex. By default interface works on auto negotiation mode, which negotiate duplex and speed of the link between the 2 devices connected in the segment of the network. And higher performance supported by both is negotiated.
Default configuration on router's interface is shown by
R1#show run | section interface f0/0
Both sides of a link should have auto-negotiation on.
We can also configure duplex and speed manually. But it has to be same on both the devices.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?