MSS is a OSI Layer-4 data size (in bytes) any segment can carry which doesn't include transport layer's headers where as MTU is a OSI Layer-3 IP packet size (in bytes) which can be transmitted through an interface.
for example if we have
TCP SEGMENT for IPv4 will always have MSS as 1460 bytes and IP MTU of interface as 1500 bytes, which explains that data size can not exceed 1460 bytes in a single segment of TCP and 1500 bytes in a single packet which contains that segment.
TCP wireshark capture is as following:
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?