Hi Mr. Rana,
Hope you are doing well.
Thank you for your question on NB portal.
Let me explain your queries
In VTP V1, the only time a transparent mode switch will forward advertisements is when the version and domain name match (highly unlikely). In VTP v2, advertisements are forwarded regardless of the version number.
Differences between v1 and v2
VTP version 2 supports the following features, which are not supported in version 1:
* Token Ring support—VTP version 2 supports Token Ring LAN switching and VLANs
* Unrecognized Type-Length-Value (TLV) Support—A VTP server or client propagates configuration changes to its other trunks, even for TLVs it is not able to parse. The unrecognized TLV is saved in NVRAM.
* Version-Dependent Transparent Mode — In VTP version 1, a VTP transparent network device inspects VTP messages for the domain name and version, and forwards a message only if the version and domain name match. Because only one domain is supported in the supervisor engine software, VTP version 2 forwards VTP messages in transparent mode, without checking the version.
* Consistency Checks—In VTP version 2, VLAN consistency checks (such as VLAN names and values) are performed only when you enter new information through the CLI or SNMP. Consistency checks are not performed when new information is obtained from a VTP message or when information is read from NVRAM. If the digest on a received VTP message is correct, its information is accepted without consistency checks.
Hope it is helpful for you, Kindly write us back if you have any further concern.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?