Can You answer this question?
Frame Check Sequece is a field presents in header's of layer 2 technologies like Ethernet, Serial , PPP and Frame-relay. The FCS field contains a checksum value which uses by receiving side to prove that the data is not corrupted in the middle. The algorithm that is used to generate the FCS is a Cyclic Redundancy Check(CRC).
The CRC algorithm is used by a number of technologies, and not restricted to networking. But FCS is specific to ethernet framing.
Hope it helps.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?