How does interface status and line protocol work in switch and router ?why the behavior of the interface status is different in switch and router , as switch depend on peer interface status for its own status and router dont ?
CCNA Routing and Switching
Interface Status and Line Protocol :
Router : In case of Router by default all ports are administratively shutdown as per it;s status show .
Switch : in case of switch by default all ports status is down ( admin it's up ) until and unless some other device is connected at other side of a switch. because when some other device will be connected to a port of switch it will send KEEP ALIVE and link will automatically come up.
Router : Router show the same behavior when port is administrative no shutdown and recived keep alive ..as line protocol state up.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?