There is a vast difference between Cisco ASA Firewall and CheckPoint Firewall. Below, I am mentioning the difference amid two on the basis of different parameters –
· Throughput –
Cisco ASA Firewall throughput ranges from 5 Gbps up to 20 Gbps (Low-end device - on 5500 Series supports 5Gbps, High-end Device supports 20Gbps), with VPN throughput reduces from 1Gbps to 5Gbps, with IPS Performance it will reduce further.
Checkpoint Firewall throughput ranges from 3Gbps up to 200 Gbps (Low end device 2200 Appliance supports 3Gbps, High end Device 61000 supports 200Gbps), with IPS, throughput reduces from 2Gbps (on the lower end device) to 85 Gbps (on the higher end device).
· Context based mode –
Context based mode is available in Cisco ASA Firewall whereas Checkpoint Firewall has a similar offering which is known as Security Gateway Virtual Edition (VE).
· Gateways –
Cisco ASA Firewall can have only 2 gateways in an active/active Cluster. On the contrary Checkpoint Cluster XL can support up to 5 Gateways in a cluster.
· Cluster –
Cisco ASA active/active is not a true cluster (active/active) since it is available or useable only if you are running multiple contexts (one context will be active on one gateway and another context is active on another gateway) whereas Checkpoint Cluster XL is a true cluster, you can utilize all the 5 gateways simultaneously.
· FQDN –
Cisco ASA Firewall doesn't support FQDN while it is supported in Checkpoint Firewall.
· User-based access
It is not possible in Cisco ASA Firewall while it can be provided in Checkpoint Firewall (Identity awareness blade) based on active directory login information.
Hope, it helped you to understand the difference between Cisco ASA Firewall and Checkpoint Firewall. An in-depth knowledge about firewalls is covered in Cisco CCNP Security certification and CCIE Security certification.
- How can you guarantee a job for students who has no experience in Networking field?
- How to configure VPN between Cisco Router and ASA Firewall?
- How to configure RIPV2 with no auto summary?
- How to configure PAT (Port Address Translation)?
- How to configure Default Routing on Cisco Routers?
- What is the scope of CCNA course in India?
- What is scope of CCIE?
- How to remember 7 layers of OSI Model?
- How much salary can we get after doing CCNA course in Delhi Gurgaon?
- How many CCIE’s are there worldwide?
- Is it possible to pass CCIE Certification in 1st attempt?